- If you are in the street, stay with the patient.
- Call back if the patient's condition changes.
- Call back if your location changes.
- If you are calling from home or work, ask someone to open the doors and signal where the ambulance staff is needed.
- Lock away any family pets.
- Write down the patient's GP details and collect any medication that they are taking.
- Find out if the patient has any allergies.
When you ask for the Fire Service you will need to provide some additional information, including:
- What is on fire?
- Is there anyone trapped?
For dental emergencies, phone Patient Advice & Liaison, weekdays 0800 3896819
The out of hours emergency number for the Orwell Vet Group is 01473 333677