Annual Parish Meeting 2016 Reports
Report from Shotley Village Hall Management Committee for the Annual Parish Meeting
Thursday 30th June
Firstly I would like to thank members of our committee for making our meetings as pleasant as they are and to particularly thank Jo, Norman, William, Carol and other members for their contributions to the efficient running of the Village Hall. My thanks also to Barbara and Jenny who put in many unseen hours making the hall clean and presentable. My thanks also go to Jim Catlin, Norman Bugg, Carol Blumfield, Andrew Coulson, Michael Connell and Gina Watts who have put their skills to the fore with the Auctions of Household Effects and Collectables.
It is also appreciated by the committee that our many supporters are sympathetic to the work we have undertaken on behalf of the village hall. During 2015-16 we provided extra security on the front doors and outside ground level lighting to assist safe exit from the committee room under the hours of darkness. The boxing-in of heating pipes has been finished and paint purchased for the lower portion of the hall to complete this part of the project. A solar system has been installed and this, coupled with LED lighting in all areas of the building, apart from the main hall, will see our energy usage reduce over the longer term. Further work is in the pipeline to install removable handrails to the stage steps, stage canopy painting, further replacement ceiling tiles where necessary and extra LED lighting for the hall.
There has been a great deal of commitment from many individuals and organisations who have bolstered our income by way of donations and by being regular users. On behalf of the Village Hall Management Committee I would like to formally thank the following:
* Ipswich Insulations for their generous gift of a defibrillator in memory of Mr. Arthur Nunn * Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
* Shotley Carpet Bowls Club
* Shotley Drama Group
* Shotley Social Club for the Over 60’s
* Shotley Parish Council for their grant of £700 towards the LED lighting
* Shotley & Erwarton Women’s Institute
* Soup a Lunch - and in particular Wendy Sadler and her hard working team
* Suffolk County Council through Councillor Dave Wood for a grant of £1000 towards the LED Lighting * Viking Forest Project’s Shotley Cinema
* Village of the Year working group