Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils have put together free holiday activities and food for children that are eligible for free school meals over the October half term holiday.
In order to book onto these activities, guardians of eligible children will need to book onto the activity by contacting the activity provider directly. Schools will not be providing vouchers for this holiday. Providers will complete their own eligibility checks.
Activities are available during the October half-term across Babergh and Mid Suffolk for children who are eligible for benefit related free school meals or have an identified need. Identified needs can include:
- Young carers
- Children with an EHC (education, health and care plan)
- Children assess by the local authority as being in need, at risk of vulnerable.
- Looked-after children or previously looked-after children.
- Children who have low attendance rates at school or who at risk of exclusion.
- Children living in areas of high deprivation or from low-income households who are not in receipt of free school meals.
- Children in transition phases between nursery and primary school or primary school and secondary school.
Go to this website to see more details