Suffolk's Warm Homes Healthy People is a project designed to help vulnerable people and families make their homes cheaper to heat.
The project can provide the following for eligible residents in Suffolk:
- Grants for First Time Central Heating
- Boiler or heater stopped working? Warm Homes Healthy People can lend you electric heaters and assess you for financial assistance towards the cost of repairs or replacements
- Do you own or privately rent your property? Warm Homes Healthy People can arrange for an independent surveyor to visit your home and discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills.
- The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing
- In a crisis situation you could be awarded a fuel payment paid directly to your heating supplier or added to a card meter
As you may be aware Shotley and Holbrook Surgery were involved with this project from the start and have had huge success for our patients with 34 patients being reviewed, 2 key safes fitted, 5 fully funded first time heating systems fitted, 1 cavity wall insulation and 2 loft insulation. The scheme has been extended and more funding secured so if you have need of fuel payments, draught proofing or help surviving the winter please contact 03456 037 686 or visit https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/community-and-safety/warm-homes-healthy-people/