Pets make wonderful friends and no one wants to stop people enjoying taking their canine companions out but the inconsiderate minority do make it unpleasant for the vast majortiy of villagers.
We live in a wonderful area, which is ideal for walking dogs but, please, when you are taking it out around the village, please remember:
- Dog faeces is harmful to children and adults
- Take enough bags with you for picking up
- Use the dog bins provided, litter bins are close to seating
- Remind any other dog owner to pick up if they forget to do so
- Offer a bag to someone who has forgotten to bring one
- The Heritage Trail and Ganges Wood welcomes dogs on leads, but please pick up any fouling
- The playing fields are for children, so no dogs please
- It is against the law to allow your dog to foul public pathways and places
If it's your dog, it's your responsibility. Please co-operate for everyone's sake.